GROUPS URGE U.S. SENATE TO REJECT SCOTT PRUITT FOR EPA ADMINISTRATOR
WASHINGTON, DC – Leaders of eight environmental groups will hold a telepresser on Tuesday morning to preview their case against Scott Pruitt, the nominee to head the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee is scheduled to hold a confirmation hearing on Wednesday, January 18.
As Attorney General of Oklahoma, Pruitt made a career out of suing the EPA and used the power of his office to benefit the very polluters he would be charged with overseeing as EPA Administrator. His potential pay-to-play approach to policymaking and his deep and secretive ties to the dirty energy industry pose unprecedented conflicts of interest and endanger every American’s right to breathable air, clean water, and a safe climate.
WHAT: National telepress conference with CEOs from eight leading environmental organizations
· Mark Magaña, Founding President and CEO, GreenLatinos
· Dr. Beverly Wright, Founding Director, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
· Rhea Suh, President, Natural Resources Defense Council
· Tom Steyer, President, NextGen Climate
· Trip Van Noppen, President, Earthjustice
· Michael Brune, Executive Director, the Sierra Club
· Elizabeth Thompson, President, EDF Action
· Gene Karpinski, President, League of Conservation Voters
WHEN: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:00 AM Eastern
RSVP: To receive dial-in information, please RSVP to email@example.com.